NAUI Skin Diver 1 Certification Course
The Hollywood Divers NAUI Skin Diver 1 Course is offered 4 times per year or on a private basis as needed.
Includes One Classroom Session, One Pool Session and One Ocean Training Session.
15 Years old For Jr Skin Diver or 18 Years Old for Skin Diver
Must Be able to Swim 200 Yards Without Stopping.
Complete All Sessions and Pass Written Exam with 75% or Higher Score
In this course we teach
1. Proper free diving safety and Rescue Techniques.
2. Proper Diver Behavior and Buddy Procedures.
3. Safety Equipment.
4. Free Diving Gear Selection. Student must Either Rent or Purchase Long Blade Fins, Low Volume Mask, Rigid J Snorkel and 3 to 5 MM Wetsuit is Preferred. See Related Items Below.
5. Proper Weighting / Buoyancy Tuning.
6. Performance Enhancing Exercises and Mental Prep for Breath Hold Diving.
7. Basic Diving Physics and Physiology in the Classroom to be applied in all water sessions.
Depth Limit 40 Feet
Physicians Approval may be required for acceptance. This is at the Instructor's Discretion. Some Red flags would include, Smoking and or High Blood Pressure or other known ailments.
Hollywood Divers Recommends good physical fitness, and a full medical physical exam for participating in the sport of Freediving.
In Addition to tuition fees, their may be travel fees and or boat fees and rental or purchase of required and approved free diving equipment.
Skin Diver/Junior Skin DiverImagine floating on a clear sea of liquid watching fishes, crustaceans, corals - everything from dolphins to dugongs face-to-face. Your NAUI Instructor will coach you through the process of snorkeling and breath-hold diving and your fun will grow as your skills increase!
Fun for the whole family, this certification class is for 8 year-olds and older whether you are an accomplished swimmer or someone who has never spent time in the water. (Even the younger family members can share the fun: 5-year olds and older can enjoy a “Snorkeling for Kids of All Ages” non-certification class.)
Once you’ve completed your training and two open water dives, you will have the skills you need to be a comfortable and safe Skin Diver. And, you can use what you’ve learned towards the next step of becoming a NAUI Scuba Diver.
Please see the dates above on the drop down menu or on our Calendar Page